Here is the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Before you start, ensure there is no more adhesive film or liner left in the unit. To do this, simply pull out any remaining film or liner until it separates from the paper tubes inside the unit.
2. Begin completely removing the plaid or purple patterned plastic shell. To accomplish this, from the “insert item” side, place finger in the slot in a manner that hooks the upper lip of the plastic cover and pull it away from the unit. NOTE: additional effort will be needed to pull the cover away from the side slots on the inside of the unit.
3. Continue pulling until the top portion of the plastic shell is removed from the side slots of the end caps.
4. Repeat this process with the lower portion of the "insert item" side. The plastic shell is now only attached to the back of the unit.
5. Now peel the entire shell away from the plastic end caps. The process is done correctly if the inside paper tubes are completely exposed.